The ICA11 Information and Communications Technology Training Package is a revision of the Information and Communications Training Package (ICA05), which was developed by Innovation and Business Skills Australia (IBSA) in November 2005.
Major changes to the training package include:
seven new qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Digital and Interactive Games (ICA40911)
- Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology (ICA41011)
- Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games (ICA50211)
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis (ICA60311)
- Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology (ICA60511)
- Vocational Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Strategic Management (ICA70111)
- Vocational Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Sustainability (ICA70211).
- 22 revised qualifications.
In total the ICA11 Information and Communications Technology Training Package includes 397 units of competency, 29 qualifications and 80 identified imported units from other training packages and accredited courses as allowed by the packaging rules.
The training package is recognised by industry and training organisation as providing national standards for vocational education. The training package meets ongoing and emerging training needs within the Information Technology industry.
The qualifications and units of competency were reviewed and developed to reflect these changes with a number of focus areas specifically identified, including:
- Interactive and Digital Games
- Digital Media Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Social Web Technologies
- Mobile Devices
- Network Security
- Digital Literacy